Perry Hall High School PTSA
Whether you are new to Perry Hall High School, a long-time Gator, a parent or other relative of a student, a school faculty or staff member, an alumnus, or a Perry Hall area resident, we invite you and your family to join our PTSA and help us in our efforts to support all the wonderful things that happen daily at PHHS!
Our PTSA meets one Tuesday evening a month in the school library. We hope you will join us!
Join the PTSA, get involved, stay connected!
(Click on the alligators below to become a member, make a contribution, learn about volunteer opportunities, or sign up for our weekly e-newsletter, The Gator Gazette.)
Dates to Remember
- First Day of School for Freshmen: Friday, September 4 is Orientation Day for Freshmen
- First Day of Classes: Tuesday, September 8
- PHHS PTSA’s Spring General Membership Meeting and annual elections were postponed indefinitely due to the closure of schools. The current officers are to remain in place until gathering restrictions permit a meeting that would allow all PHHS PTSA members to attend, or until other PTA-approved election conditions can be accommodated. For the names and contact information of the current officers, please visit the “About Us” tab. Watch for more information about election accommodations in the weeks ahead.
- Summer Planning: Despite the uncertainties surrounding the start of the 2020-2021 school year, PHHS PTSA’s Board of Directors has met a few times this summer to start to plan for the new school year and will meet again in August. If you would like to be involved in this process, are interested in serving on a committee or have a suggestion for a new committee, please contact us so that we know to include you. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our contact list.
- Board of Directors Nominates Officer Candidates: At the PTSA’s June meeting, the Nominating Committee presented and nominated a slate of officers for the 2020-2021 school year. The Board accepted and approved the slate of officers who will stand for election when it is appropriate to do so. Additional individuals may nominate themselves as candidates at the upcoming General Membership Meeting after which time an election will occur. The Board nominates the following individuals:
- President: Chris Hagan
- First VP: Maggie Kazmierski
- Second VP: Karyn Polk
- Treasurer: Ellen Neff
- Secretary: Laurie Schattall
- Summer Online SAT and ACT Prep Classes: The PTSA is pleased to sponsor three summer sessions in conjunction with our partner, The Answer Class. The cost per 8-hour class is just $159, or $10 less if you enroll at least a week in advance. You can sign your child up for both SAT and ACT classes for a combined rate of $249. For a schedule of classes and to register, visit The Answer Class website.
Did You Know?
- Membership in Perry Hall High School PTSA costs just $10 per person. About half of your dues benefit the students and staff at Perry Hall High School; the balance is split among the Baltimore County, Maryland and National PTAs.
- Perry Hall High School is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, meaning that all donations to our PTSA are tax-deductible.
- The top high schools in the country are those with active PTSAs.
- PHHS PTSA awards thousands of dollars in scholarship money each year to graduating Perry Hall High School seniors.
- PHHS PTSA purchases school planners and other supplies for all of the students.
- PHHS PTSA supports and funds school and staff initiatives inside and outside the classroom that contribute to the overall school culture.
- PHHS PTSA advocates in the interest of students, staff and parents in the community and with the school system.
- Parent, teacher, student and community involvement go a long way in helping us succeed in our endeavors!