Volunteers are vital to the success of our PTSA. The good thing is at the high school level none of the volunteer opportunities are very time consuming. Most are once a year, some are monthly or quarterly, and pretty much all of them are after school hours and involve a few people.
Following is an overview of the type of help we need and what is involved with each committee. Feel free to e-mail the person listed for more information about that particular committee.
- Our Winter Arts & Crafts Fair requires staff to set up things the day before and help the day of this big event. If you are available on Saturday evening, December 1, starting at 7 p.m. to help with preparations for the arrival of the vendors, or if you can help the day of the Craft Fair, Sunday, December 2, please send an e-mail to our Craft Fair Chair, Kim, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Used Clothing Drive Committee is active one Saturday a month during the school year. Volunteers spend a few hours the morning of the second Saturday of every month collecting donated clothing and household items in the student parking lot, then drive them to the PTSA’s storage facility in Perry Hall. The committee chair, Diane, is looking for an apprentice to take the committee after her child graduates this year. If you are interested in being her apprentice or helping out from time to time, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- The Scholarship Committee requires volunteers to read and rate essays over a few weeks each spring. Any adult PTSA member can serve on this committee, unless they have a child in the Senior class. It is a great way to get a feel for what should go in a college essay. If interested, e-mail Patty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Goodwill/Hospitality involves coordinating refreshments for Senior Interview Day, and a few events in support of the school staff, including Staff Appreciation Week. It involves more purchasing, pricing and arranging than it does preparing. A chairman is still needed for this committee, as well as a few volunteers. If interested, please e-mail our President, Chris, at email@example.com.
- The Golden Gators Committee assembles student recognition packets for honor roll students at the close of each quarter. Assembly occurs one night a quarter with a handful of people stuffing envelopes for about two hours. If you would like to help, contact our Recording Secretary, Stacey, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The After Prom Committee requires volunteers one night a year to staff the event, and some coordination leading up to it. The chair is typically the parent of a Senior. Our goal is to have parents of Seniors and Juniors, at least, serve on the committee to help with continuity from year to year and class to class. If you’d like to be involved, please e-mail this year’s chair, Alisha, at email@example.com.
- Standby Volunteer: Not sure where you can help, but willing to be on “standby,” send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll touch base from time to time as needs arise.